The MSA degree (30 credits) consist of nine (9) core Accounting courses and one (1) Business elective. The MSA is a vocational degree. Because of its focus on the accounting profession, a main requirement for the MSA program is that all applicants must have a Bachelor of Science degree, or the equivalent, in Accounting. Students coming into the program without the requisite undergraduate curriculum will have to gain equivalency prior to starting the MSA program.
- MSA 650 : International Accounting - 3 credits
- MSA 660 : Contemporary Accounting Theory & Research - 3 credits
- MSA 662 : Advanced Managerial Accounting - 3 credits
- MSA 663 : Business Taxation - 3 credits
- MSA 664 : Advanced Auditing - 3 credits
- MSA 668 : Not-For-Profit & Governmental Accounting - 3 credits
- MBA 617 : Technology and Information Systems - 3 credits
- MBA 621 : Managerial Finance - 3 credits
- MBA 692 : Social, Legal and Ethical Aspects of Business - 3 credits
- MBA : Elective - 3 credits
Total credit hours - 30 credits
MBA students with an undergraduate degree in accounting or its equivalent may take MSA courses as elective courses.