Bachelor of Science in Health Services Administration
The Bachelor of Science in Health Services Administration (B.S.H.S.A.) is designed to prepare the student for a career in the health services industry in an administrative capacity. The program of study will give students a broad view of today's health care system and will prepare its graduates for entry and middle management positions in such areas as hospital, medical, or dental clinics; group medical practices; managed care organizations; long-term care facilities; insurance companies; home health agencies; and governmental health agencies. Management skills and business practices used in today's complex health care systems are emphasized.
An Online Bachelor of Science in Health Services Administration program is also available
Program Outcomes: students who successfully complete the degree program will be able to:
- examine the current health care system in the United States surveying the economics, social, and political aspects which make up the system;
- evaluate health care leadership and management theories and the organizational components involved in managing healthcare facilities;
- analyze and evaluate conceptual operations frameworks for various types of health care facilities and identify the roles of the healthcare professionals within these organizations;
- demonstrate an ability to identify and mitigate hospital risks and liabilities in order to contain costs and increase quality of care and to operate within legal boundaries; and
- evaluate issues of fiscal responsibility and quality patient outcomes in healthcare.