Interested in pursuing a graduate degree in biomedical science? Gaining authentic mentored research or discovering the thrill of research? Improving your academic credentials for graduate training? Then, the Research Initiative for Scientific Enhancement (RISE) program is for you!
Application form: December 15
Supporting documents: December 15
Application form: March 15
Supporting documents: March 15
RISE students receive $12/hour for a maximum of 15 hours per week for on-campus research, travel opportunities to scientific meetings, and funded opportunities to work in research labs at research intensive universities.
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Full-time Enrollment
- Biology or Chemistry major
- Sophomore / Junior
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Official copies of college transcript(s).
- Three letters of recommendation from Science Professors
- Essay including: your long-term goals, research experience or interest, why you want to participate in RISE, and how this will increase the representation of underrepresented individuals in biomedical science research
For more information and/or questions, contact Dr. Flona Redway by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or visiting her office at NHS Room 337.
*Preference will be given to well-prepared under-represented groups that are nationally under-represented in biomedical sciences.