Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Do I have to complete a medical physical before I participate in the Barry University athletic program?
A: You must complete a Pre-Participation Physical Exam Form medical physical before participating in any of Barry University’s intercollegiate athletic programs. A physical form can be obtained from the athletic training room.

Q: What forms do I need to fill out before arriving at Barry University as an athlete?
A: All athletes must complete a Pre-Participation Physical Exam Formwhich must be on file in the athletic training room. Also you must make sure your measles, mumps and rubella forms are filled out and received at the health center.

Q: If I receive a medical bill from an injury I obtained while competing for Barry University Athletics, who do I contact?
A: Bring any medical bills relating to an athletic injury, to the athletic training room as soon as possible. They can also be faxed to the athletic training room at 305-899-3648.

Q: How can I obtain more information about Barry University’s accredited athletic training program?
A: You may contact Dr. Carl Cramer, program director of athletic training, at 305-899-3497 or 1-800-756-6000 x 3497, or email him at

Q: What if I get ill, such as with the flu, or have a non-athletic injury while competing at Barry? Who do I see for care?
A: Always contact the athletic training staff first with any injury or illness. We will refer you to either our campus health center or proper medical physician for treatment and care of your illness.

Q: What are the hours of operation of the Athletic Training Room?
A: The athletic training room is open for treatment at 10:00 am -12:00 pm and 1:00 pm-6:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Weekend and holiday hours are subject to intercollegiate practices and/or games.

Q: What is the role of the Athletic Training Student in my medical care?
A: The Athletic Training Student (ATS) is always under the supervision of a staff certified athletic trainer. He or she will work along side an ATC/L while giving care and treatment to Barry University student athletes.

Q: What if I am an athlete and my parents don’t carry health insurance on me?
A: All athletes must have some kind of healthcare insurance coverage. You have the option to buy health insurance coverage from Barry University. The forms can be obtained from out student health center. Contact Eileen Heinline, Director of Health Services at, 305-899-3750 to 1-800-756-6000, ext. 3750.

Q: Does Barry University provide general health insurance coverage?
A: Barry University does not provide general health insurance for any student. A student should provide proof of medical insurance through their parents or own private medical insurance policy. Students have the option to purchase general medical insurance from Barry University by contacting the health center at 305-899-3750 or 1-800-756-6000, ext. 3750.

Q: Do international student-athletes have to complete any health related forms in addition to those of other student athletes?
A: International student athletes should contact the health center to make sure they have their proper immunizations on file. Like any student-athlete, they must also complete a Pre-Participation Physical Exam Formand have proof of insurance, which must be on file in the training room before participating in intercollegiate athletics at Barry University.

Oh oh ....

We are sorry but it appears that JavaScript is disabled on your browser.
Our site is very interactive and it requires JavaScript to be enabled.
Click on the link below for instructions on how to enable JavaScript on your browser.

Enable JavaScript on your browser