Visiting Team Information
On behalf of Barry University's Intercollegiate Athletics Department of Athletic Training, we would like to welcome you to Miami Shores and Barry University. Please let us make your stay a pleasurable one. The following supplies and services will be available to you:
- The Athletic Training room facility is located on the north-east side of the athletic fields in the HSC, Room 120.
- Certified athletic trainers and athletic training students are present at all events and team physicians are on site or on call.
- Ice bags, water, cups, First Aid/ ER supplies, and OSHA materials. Taping/stretch table available by bench. Supplemental Oxygen and Automated External Defibrillators by home team bench.
- Hydrocollator, Ultrasound, Whirlpools, Electrotherapy, Interferential therapy, taping area, etc. available in the athletic training room clinic.
- If your team is traveling without an athletic trainer, please notify us in advance so we can make the necessary arrangements and provide coverage for your team. PLEASE SEND THE NECESSARY SUPPLIES WITH YOUR TEAM (TAPE, ACE BANDAGES, etc.) and we will be glad to help your team get ready for their events.
- The athletic training room will be open 2 hours prior to an event and 30 minutes after. Please give prior notice if your team will be training before an event so we can accommodate your needs accordingly.
NO treatment will be given to a visiting athlete UNLESS he/she has a written protocol from an certified athletic trainer or physician with them stating the type or amount of treatment to be given, unless accompanied by a certified athletic trainer.
Important Phone Numbers
|Athletic Training Room Direct Line||(305) 899-3555||Fax (305) 899-3648|
|Scott Freer, M.S., ATC, LAT (FL Lic. # AL 1288)||(305) 899-3555 (office)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Sam Eisen, M.S., ATC, LAT (FL Lic. # AL 2169)||(305) 899-3572 (office)||email@example.com|
|North Shore Hospital||(305) 835-6191 ER||(Closest to Barry)|
|Campus Security||(305)899-3333 (off campus)||School Pay phone dial *3.|
On campus 3333
|Mike Covone, Director of Athletics||(305) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dr. Bridget Lyons, Sr. Associate AD/SWA||(305) email@example.com|
|Jamie Carrig, Associate AD/Facilities||(305) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dennis Jezek, Jr., Sports Information Director||(305) email@example.com|