The Athletic Training Room is located in the North Hallway of the Health & Sports Center in between the men's and women's general locker rooms.
The following supplies and services will be available to you:
- Training room facility, located on the north side of the athletic fields. Phone number (305) 899-3555 and Fax (305) 899-3648
- Certified athletic trainers at all events- Team Physicians and Orthopedic specialists on site or on call.
- Ice bags, water cups, First Aid/ ER supplies, and OSHA materials. Supplemental Oxygen and Automated External Defibrillators by home team dugout. Barry's Intercollegiate Athletics EAP is located in the training room by the phone.
- Hydrocollator, Ultrasound, Whirlpools, Electrotherapy, Interferential therapy, taping area, etc. available in the training room. By use of an ATC or written request.
Please check the Athletic Training website at http://www.barry.edu/athletics/athletic-training/ for more information.
If your team is traveling without an athletic trainer, please notify us in advance so we can make the necessary arrangements and provide coverage for your team. PLEASE SEND THE NECESSARY SUPPLIES WITH YOUR TEAM (TAPE, ACE BANDAGES, INSURANCE/EMERGENCY CONTACT INFORMATION, etc.) and we will be glad to help your team get ready for their events. The training room will be open 2 hours prior to the event and 30 minutes after. Please give prior notice if your team will be training before and event so that we can accommodate your needs accordingly. Also, if you are planning on sending a certified or student trainer with your teams, please forward their names immediately to Scott Freer, Head Athletic Trainer, by calling (305) 899-3555 or email them to email@example.com.
If no ATC travels with the team, NO treatment will be given to a visiting athlete UNLESS there is a written prescription, written by the ATC, with them stating the type or amount of treatment given.
Important Phone Numbers
Team Orthopedist - Dr. Phil Lozman - (305) 674-5956
Team Orthopedist - Dr. Jerry Sher - (305) 674-5956
Team Podiatrist - Dr. James Losito - (305) 859-7777
- North Shore Hospital ER (nearest to Barry) - (305) 835-6191
- Memorial Regional Hospital (closest to Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Airport) - (954) 987-2000