NORMAN, Okla. -- Four members of Barry University men's golf team received Ping All-American honors Tuesday as announced by the Golf Coaches Association of America.
Junior Scott Smyers (Lakeland, Fla.) and freshman Adam Svensson (Surrey Vancouver, B.C.) are First-Team selections, while junior Jared Dalga (Grand Rapids, Mich.) and senior Marcus Segerstrom (Norrtalje, Sweden) are Third-Team choices.
Barry, which won the NCAA Division II National Championship, has the most All-Americans of any school in the country this year.
Svensson, who also was named the Phil Mickelson Award winner, which is given to the top freshman in Division II, became the first golfer in Buccaneer history to maintain an under-par stroke average. He had a 71.26 scoring average, which was -0.19 under par. Svensson finished in the top 10 of his first seven events, placing second in back-to-back Georgia tournaments in March.
Smyers had a career-best 72.87 stroke average, which was second on the team. He finished second at the Buccaneer Invitational, and had seven top 10 finishes. Smyers led the Bucs with five eagles.
Dalga had a 73.55 stroke average. He tied for second at the Southeastern Collegiate, and finished in the top 10 in five events. Dalga had four eagles and 99 birdies.
Segerstrom had a 73.21 scoring average. He won the Flagler College Jennison Memorial, and finished in the top 10 in six tournaments. Segerstrom led the Buccaneers with 119 birdies.
Division II PING All-America Teams
- Alex Carpenter, Abilene Christian
- Ricardo Celia, Nova Southeastern
- Tim Crouch, Florida Southern
- Case Gard, Florida Southern
- Scott Smyers, Barry
- Adam Svensson, Barry
- Ben Taylor, Nova Southeastern
- Daniel Young, Lynn
- Matt Atkins, USC Aiken
- Rob Damschen, CSU-Stanislaus
- Adam Hedges, Belmont Abbey
- Sam Johnston, Oklahoma Christian
- Zack Kempa, IUP
- Jimmy Kozikowski, Grand Canyon
- Hunter O’Mahony, Nova Southeastern
- Dillon Rust, Central Oklahoma
- Brandon Bingaman, Colorado Mesa
- Daniel Claytor, Barton
- Alec Dahlquist, Grand Canyon
- Jared Dalga, Barry
- Santiago Gomez, Midwestern State
- Marcus Segerstrom, Barry
- Jake Webb, Western Washington
- Kevin Witte, UC-Colorado Springs
- Kody Alexander, Union
- Ray Badenhorst, Florida Tech
- Warren Crow, Missouri-St. Louis
- Chris Cunningham, Grand Valley State
- Jeff Evanier, Eckerd College
- John Frisby, Belmont Abbey
- Nate Gahman, Georgia Southwestern State
- Mark Geddes, Grand Canyon
- Jesse Gibson, Columbus State
- Conner Godsey, Montevallo
- Chandler Gruenmeier, Newberry
- Robby Hughey, Central Missouri
- Dylan Jackson, CSU Monterey Bay
- Corey Kozuma, Hawaii-Hilo
- Michael Lee, Colorado School of Mines
- Kyle Schrader, Western Washington
- Paul Smith, CSU-Stanislaus
- J.P. Solis, USC Aiken
- Ricky Stimets, North Alabama