Earth Day Celebration
Join us at Barry’s Earth Day Celebration to learn more about ecological practices, participate in eco-friendly activities, and support local “Green” organizations. Save your grocery shopping for Earth Day and bring cash to purchase items from local growers and vendors.
Date: Tuesday, April 22
Time: 11 am - 2 pm
Location: Thompson Hall Lawn
Earth Day Schedule
|12:00 p.m.||Earth Day prayer by Campus Ministry|
|12:05 p.m.||Welcome by President Sister Linda Bevilacqua, OP, PhD|
|12:15 p.m.||SGA Recycling Bin Decorating Presentation|
|12:20 p.m.||Fairchild Tropical Gardens – The important connection between plants and people|
|12:45 p.m.||Meals that Heal – Gluten free raw dessert demo and tasting|
|1:10 p.m.||Friends of the Everglades – Water conservation|
|1:35 p.m.||Apothecary Shop – The effect of chemicals in our daily life and a demo on how to make healthy alternatives at home|
|11:00 – 2:00 p.m.||Farmers’ Market and Vendor Fair|
|6:30 – 7:30 p.m.||Green Jobs and Sustainability Panel (Andreas 111)
Why should I attend?
- Mini lectures, demonstrations, and games
- Free clothing (just pick up what you need)
- Free office supplies (just pick up what you need)
- Farmers Market (bring cash, not all vendors accept credit cards)
- Door prizes (bicycle donated by Bike Nerds, tickets to the Michael Jackson THE IMMORTAL World Tour by Cirque du Soleil, gift cards, and more)
- Free food for participants (see how it works below)
How does it work?
- 1 table = 1 token
- 1 mini lecture = 10 tokens
- 10 tokens = 1 meal, 1 dessert, and door prize ticket for first 300 people
- T-shirt and starter seeds for first 125 people...come out early!
What vendors will be there?
- Farmers’ Market Vendors:
- Soaps and teas
- Tropical fruit smoothies and fruit salads
- Kettle Korn
- Zak’s sour dough breads
- La Provence breads and pastries
- Fruits & vegetables
- Pappardelle pasta
- Local honey
- Additional Retail:
- Doterra Aromatherapy
- Apothecary Shop
- Waterless Eco Car Wash
- Food Trucks/Food Vendors:
- HipHops Gelato Bars
- K.C. Healthy Cooking
- Veggie Express
- Vibe 305
- B.C. Café - Tacos
You don’t have time to collect tokens, but want to get food from the food trucks?
No problem! Food trucks and vendors will have items for you to purchase. Bring cash to purchase groceries from the Farmers’ Market!
For more information, please contact Patricia Ramlow at 305-899-3437 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.