Why Marine Biology at Barry?
Surrounded by optimal habitats for the study of marine life, Barry University, in South Florida, offers you a rich variety for exploration, including the:
- Warm Gulf Stream of the Atlantic Ocean,
- Tidal flats and mangrove forests of Biscayne Bay,
- Coral reefs of the Florida Keys, and
- Freshwater and estuarine wetlands of the Florida Everglades
As a marine biology student, you have access to Barry’s new state-of-the-art aquarium system. Funded with a $300,000 grant from the US Department of Energy, the structure includes 182 freshwater tanks and 45 saltwater tanks. The aquarium is separated into individual racks, each with its own filtration system, giving faculty and students versatility in conducting experiments. The aquarium is monitored with computers to track water temperature and salinity, key factors in maintaining and breeding organisms. The enclosed structure also has display windows, so that the entire campus can appreciate the beauty of aquatic life.
Where Are Our Marine Biology Graduates? (Since 2008)
- University of Hawaii at Hilo
- Hawai’i Institute of Marine Biology
- Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science (RSMAS), University of Miami
- University of Toronto
- California State University, Northridge
- Nova Southeastern University
- Kaplan University
- SUNY College at Cortland