Biology (BS) Pre-Podiatry
Barry’s undergraduate Biology program will provide you with the opportunity to prepare for a number of career goals. Possible alternatives include graduate study; teaching; medical, dental, optometry, pharmacy, podiatric, and veterinary school; and various careers in research.
We have a mentor-mentee program for incoming freshmen and our advisors stay with the student for the full four year program. Our student/teacher ratio is low and many of our faculty conduct research allowing students to get valuable experience in research techniques.
Where Are Our Graduates
- Barry University
- Dr. William Scholl
A major requires a minimum of 40 credits including Botany, Zoology, Biological Foundations, Genetics, and at least one course from each of the following core areas:
- Growth and development: Comparative Anatomy or Human Anatomy
- Cellular and molecular biology: Microbiology and/or Cell Biology
- Physiological and biochemical principles: Human Physiology or Comparative Physiology
- Environmental biology: Marine Biology or Ecology or Biodiversity of Ecosystems
- Biological theory: Evolution or Seminar
Students must also fulfill the following biology, chemistry, and physics requirements:
- General Chemistry & Qualitative Analysis and Organic Chemistry
- Calculus I
- 8 semester hours of physics