The mission of the Division of Business and Finance is to participate as a proactive partner in fulfilling Barry University’s mission of teaching, research, scholarship, service and identity by planning, developing, and providing professional accounting, reporting, financial services and support to:
- Provide campus with an effective control system to safeguard University assets
- Issue accurate and timely financial information
- Issue timely and accurate payments to employees, vendors and other service providers
- Develop and communicate policies and procedures necessary to ensure proper compliance with the University’s mission and all applicable laws and regulations
- Maintain an accurate and effective accounting reporting system
- Promote and monitor an effective internal control structure to ensure compliance with State and Federal regulatory agencies
- Enhance business operations and internal controls by taking advantage of enhanced technology
- Promote fiscal accountability and integrity
- Enhance internal operations by the adoption and implementation of best practices, policies and procedures.
The Controller, Judith Penate (firstname.lastname@example.org), reports to the Vice President for Business and Finance, is responsible for the day-to-day accounting decisions of Barry University and the management of cash and general ledger maintenance, including bank reconciliations, interdepartmental charges, and fixed asset and depreciation reporting.
The Director of Procurement and Accounts Payable, Monica Soto (email@example.com), is responsible for the payment of all university related expenses, which include: utility bills, travel advances and reimbursements, petty cash and general reimbursements, vendor payments, etc. Accounts payable is also responsible for asset inventory.
The Director of Cashier/Business Office, Donald Cearnal (firstname.lastname@example.org), reports to the Vice President for Business and Finance and is responsible for student receivables and student loans, including the areas of credit and collection, billing, cashiering, and receivables data processing.
Office Hours: Monday through Friday 8:30 am – 5:00 pm, except on designated University holidays.