About The Program
If You want to be a leader in the Business of Sport, consider a graduate degree.
Degree preparation includes advanced coursework in sport, recreation, and health promotion management, focusing on a hands-on approach that ultimately prepares students for careers encompassing all aspects of the business-side of the industry. Students will acquire the knowledge, skills, and network needed to excel in professions like; sport marketing, facility operations, parks and recreation, fitness management, and collegiate athletics. The program offers extensive practical work and internship opportunities in a variety of professional South Florida sport teams such as the Miami HEAT, Miami Dolphins, Florida Panthers, and Florida Marlins.
Our master's program offers two tracks, along with one dual degree Sport Management/MBA option:
In this track, you will:
- Perform two internship studies working with a different organization over the course of two semesters during your final year of study.
- Gain access to a network of local professionals in the field.
The 36-credit hour internship track curriculum includes a final comprehensive assessment project to be conducted on one of your internship placements. We have a large network of established internship sites and our advisors will assist you with finding your ideal placement. Consult with your advisor in the early stages of planning a program of study on your desired career path to ensure the direction of your internship placements meet your long-term interests.
In this track, you will:
- Learn the research process to conduct qualitative or quantitative research in the field of sport management.
- Gain opportunities to present at professional conferences and publish in scientific journals.
- Prepare for doctoral degrees in sport management, administration or other related areas in high ranked research universities.
The 36-credit hour thesis track emphasizes courses in Advanced Statistics and/or Qualitative Methodology, Thesis Proposal and Thesis Defense. If you intend to pursue advanced graduate study leading to the doctoral degree, you will be strongly encouraged to select the "Thesis” option which requires a proposal and final thesis presentation defense as well as submission of a written proposal and final thesis.
Dual Sport Management/MBA Degree
This dual degree program allows students to receive a Master’s in Sport Management and Master’s in Business Administration combined, in a fraction of the time.
Internship OR Thesis Track - 36 credits
- Full Time: 2 years
Internship OR Thesis Track with MBA - 57 credits
- Full Time: 3 years