Voter Registration Information
Eligibility Requirements to Register to Vote
- U.S. Citizen
- Resident of the state you are voting in
- At least 18 years old
- Able to provide photo identification with signature OR must have a social security number
Important Dates and Deadlines
- Voter Registration Deadline: October 9, 2012
- Absentee Ballot Request Deadline (Military): September 20, 2012
- Early Voting: October 27 – November 3, 2012
- Absentee Ballot Request Deadline (Non-Military): October 31, 2012 by 5:00 p.m.
- Election Day: November 6, 2012
All absentee ballots must be received by the Supervisor of Elections by 7:00 p.m. Election Day.
How to Register to Vote
- Complete the voter registration form:
- See the calendar of events for on-campus voter registration drives
- Blank forms for Florida Residents are provided at the Voter Resource Center located at the Information Desk in Landon Student Union and the Business Center in Thompson Hall.
- Non-Florida residents can find their state’s voter registration form online at: www.rockthevote.com/rtv_voter_registration.html
- Sign the form
- Place in a sealed envelope with a first class stamp
- Mail to your county’s Supervisor of Elections
You will receive your voter registration card within two weeks. You must be a registered voter for 29 days before participating in a general election, hence the October 9, 2012 deadline above.
Students Not From Florida
If you are student not originally from Florida, but live on Barry’s campus, you can use Barry’s address to be considered a Florida resident or you can opt to vote absentee. For more information, visit: www.brennancenter.org/content/student_voting
Not a Florida resident? No problem! You can still register to vote by visiting: www.canivote.org