Campus Ministry Advisory Council
Description and Purpose:
The Campus Ministry Advisory Council assists the department of Campus Ministry to carry out its mission. It does this in the following ways:
- To identify current and future needs of Barry students related to worship, faith formation, service, spiritual guidance/counseling, and other related areas.
- To assess the quality and effectiveness of current services and programs in meeting identified needs according to criteria which reflect the mission of the university and campus ministry.
- To make recommendations for improving and developing services and programs.
The membership of the CMAC reflects the cultural and religious diversity of the Barry community and represents a variety of schools, divisions and student organizations within the university. The Campus Ministry staff recommends and invites candidates to become members of the Council at the beginning of each Fall semester. These include students, faculty, staff, and alumni. Care is taken to ensure that the Council maintains both new and returning members each academic year. The normal term for invited members is a minimum of one year and a maximum of four years. Campus Ministry staff, graduate assistants and student interns are ex officio members of the Council.
Members are expected to make a commitment to the following:
- Participation at scheduled meetings throughout the academic year. During the Fall semester meetings are held in September, October, and November. During the Spring semester meetings take place in February, March, and April. Normally, meetings are held on Sunday afternoon from 12:30 - 3:00 pm.
- Study and preparation of assigned discussion materials related to the Mission and Core Commitments of Barry University and the Mission and Goals of Campus Ministry.
- Engagement in selected Campus Ministry events, programs and activities as a basis for assessment and strategic recommendations.
- Familiarity with and promotion of the Mission and Goals of Campus Ministry.
Active members in the CMAC for the current year, 2011-2012, are:
|Dr. Veneta Lorraine||Interim Director of Campus Ministry|
|Fr. Marcelo Solórzano||Chaplain of Barry University|
|Sr. Mary Frances Fleischaker||Staff - Campus Ministry|
|Ms. Nancy Arias||Staff - Campus Ministry|
|Ms. Christina Leaño||Staff - De Porres Center|
|Mr. Nate Tüsing||Staff - Campus Ministry, Student|
|Ms. Melissa Balgobin||Staff - Campus Ministry, Student|
|Ms. Kecia Shaw||Staff - De Porres Center, Student|
|Dr. Tomislav Mandakovic||Dean of Andreas School of Business|
|Dr. Evelyn Cartright||Faculty - English Department|
|Ms. Laura Fothergill||Staff - DoIt|
|Mr. Joseph Leyland||Staff - Center for Student Involvement|
|Ms. Emily Kierce||Barry Alumna|
|Mr. Gaston Arellano||Staff - Landon Student Union|
|Mr. Ryan O'Donnell||Staff - Alumni Relations|
|Ms. Grace Heising||Benefactor of Barry University|
|Ms. Chelsea Baker||Student|
|Ms. Marisa Kraus||Student|
|Ms. Mary Sansone||Intern - Campus Ministry, Student|
For further information, please contact any member of the Campus Ministry staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or 305-899-3650.