Meet the Staff
John Moriarty has an M.B.A. from National University in San Diego, CA, and a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from the University of Florida. A native of South Florida, John spent nine years recruiting employees for various local and national companies before joining the Career Development Center. John has served as a Career Counselor, an Assistant Director and is currently serving as the Director of the Career Development Center.
Shaunie Wall Marshall
Shaunie Wall Marshall received her Master of Science in Human Resources Development from Barry University. Also holding a Bachelor of Science degree from Barry, Shaunie has been active here since 2002, as a resident advisor and as a graduate assistant in Residential Life. Since July 2006, she has served as Employer Relations Coordinator, Career Counselor, and she is currently the Associate Director of the Career Development Center.
Kimberly Timpone received her Master of Arts in Counselor Education and Graduate Certificate in Career Counseling from the University of South Florida. During her graduate studies, she provided career counseling to students at the USF Career Center. She also holds a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from Florida Gulf Coast University. Kimberly relocated from the west coast of Florida in order to join the CDC as a Career Counselor.
Gurbet Akdogan earned her Master of Arts degree in Counselor Education with a specialization in Career Counseling from the University of South Florida. She worked in the USF Career Center throughout her graduate studies, and delivered diverse career services to students/alumni. She received her Bachelor of Science in Counseling Psychology from Bogazici University in her native country, Turkey. Gurbet relocated to Miami to serve as a Career Counselor at the CDC.
Luis Soto has a Master of Arts in Administration and a Bachelor of Science in Marketing both from Barry University. Luis came to Miami from the island of St. Croix in the US Virgin Islands to attend Barry University and never left. Since 1999, he has served the Admissions Department in various roles. He is now part of the CDC team as the Employer Relations Manager.
Career Counselors Liaison Model
We are committed to working closely with faculty, staff and employers to help our students and alumni discover the career that best suits their interests and skills. Each of our career counselors acts as a liaison and comprehensive unit between students/alumni, faculty and employers to streamline the process for academic exploration and career search planning.
John Moriarty is the liaison for:
- D. Inez Andreas School of Business
Shaunie Wall Marshall is the liaison for:
- College of Arts and Sciences: Biology (including pre-professional tracks), Chemistry (including pre-professional tracks), General Studies, Undecided/Undeclared
- College of Nursing and Health Sciences: all majors/degree programs except Nursing
- School of Podiatric Medicine
Kimberly Timpone is the liaison for:
- Frank J. Rooney School of Professional And Career Education
- College of Arts and Sciences: Communication, English and Foreign Languages, Fine Arts, History and Political Science, Liberal Studies, Mathematics and Computer Science, Psychology, Sociology and Criminology, Theology and Philosophy
Gurbet Akdogan is the liaison for:
- College of Nursing and Health Sciences: Nursing Programs
- Ellen Whiteside McDonnell School of Social Work
- Adrian Dominican School of Education