Career Services strives to support the academic mission of Barry University. The potential partnerships between faculty and Career Services are numerous. We encourage faculty to partner with us to educate and prepare students for post-graduation life. There are many ways that we can help you, and that you can help us, so that whether students are job searching or preparing for graduate school, together we can support their goals.
How Career Services Can Help You and Your Students:
- Substitute or be a guest speaker in classes.
- Serve as the liaison between you and employer guest speakers for classes.
- Help students explore their choice of a major and identify jobs and internships within a career context.
- Provide opportunities to connect with employers via career fairs, alumni panels, and other career or networking events.
- Verify student attendance at career events if required for class or extra credit.
- Continue to maintain and expand eBUC$, the electronic Barry University Career System, including job postings, employer contact information, career documents, and more.
- Provide copies of the annual Career Guide, a 50-page career development guidebook created by Career Services.
How Faculty Can Help Career Services:
- Promote and incorporate career events into your syllabi.
- Refer students to their liaison in Career Services.
- Attend our events and network with relevant employers.
- Let us know what organizations you would like for us build relationships with and share your network as appropriate