The Cashier’s office has automated the process of issuing refund checks. All credit balances generated by financial aid will be automatically issued and mailed to your preferred address in the Registrar’s system, so please make sure that your address is correct with the office of the Registrar to ensure that you receive your checks.
To simplify the disbursement of your funds, we have now made direct deposit available!!! If you wish to participate in direct deposit, please go to Web-Advisor:
- Log into your student account
- On the left of the page that will then appear, scroll to the bottom. Under the heading "Financial Information" please select the very last link: "Bank Information"
- This will take you to the final page which will require your accounting information. Please enter your information carefully, check that all data is correct and finally, select submit.
Refunds are disbursed within 14 calendar days from when the credit balance has been created or 14 calendar days from the start of the term, whichever is later.
- Receiving a refund check doesn’t automatically mean that your account has been cleared and paid in full. Please note that authorization needs to be given in order for excess financial aid funds to be applied to ALL charges on student account including any prior year charges up to $200. The Federal Student Aid Authorization form can be found on WebAdvisor. https://webadvisor.barry.edu/WebAdvisor
- If a credit card payment was made to your account within 90 calendar days of the refund date, funds will be issued to the credit card first. Any additional credit that remains will then be issued to you in the form of a check.
- Credit balances generated from the Parent Plus loans will be given to the parent unless otherwise noted on loan application.
Student workers who do not participate in direct deposit, may continue to pick up their pay checks in the Cashier’s office at designated pay periods during the course of the semester. Please remember to turn in your time sheets to the work study coordinator in Kelly House to ensure that your check will be available on those dates. And please remember to bring a valid picture ID when you come in. For your convenience, however, we do prompt each of you to go to Web-Advisor and register for our direct deposit service so that your funds may be more immediately available to you on your designated disbursement date.
NOTE: All refundable credits must be claimed within one (1) calendar year or may be forfeited.