Translating Trauma-Informed Care Into Practice Certificate Program
Barry University School of Social Work is offering a 4-day post-masters training that prepares professional helpers to deliver trauma-informed services in a variety of settings with a range of problems and populations. Using SAMSHA's principles of trauma-informed care (TIC), the program helps participants refine skills of conceptualizing cases through the lens of trauma and creating trauma-informed culture and practice that is safe, collaborative, empowering, and healing.
Module 1: Defining Trauma-Informed Care, TIC principles, & framework for conceptualizing cases through the trauma lens
Module 2: Trauma-specific vs. Trauma-Informed & Neurobiology of Trauma
Module 3: Translating TIC into Practice & Avoiding re-traumatization in the helping relationship
Module 4: Building a Trauma-Informed Workplace
2019 Schedule & Pricing
- Module 1 & 2 - Thursday, October 24th - Friday, October 25th
- Module 3 & 4 - Thursday, October 31st - Friday, November 1st
- Complete Certificate Program - $595
- $100 discount per person for Barry University alumni and Field Educators and Advisors
- $100 discount per person for group registrations of 5 or more.
- 25 hrs total (22 hrs classroom + 3 hr supervision (dates and times in online forum - TBA)
- Participants will receive 22 CEUs for the classroom training, and will obtain their TIC certification after completing the 22 hours of training + 3 hours of online supervision.
Workshop Dates: 10/24 – 10/25, 10/31 – 11/1
9:30 am to 4:30 pm (Registration begins at 8:30 am on Day 1)
Place: Barry University - West Palm Beach Campus
9123 N Military Trl # Classroom #7, West Palm Beach, FL 33410
For more information, please contact SSW-ContinuingEd@barry.edu.