CCP 173: General Principles of Financial Planning
This course is designed to introduce students to the financial planning process. This course focuses on the general principles required to become a successful planner which includes the ethics of the profession as well as the knowledge and skills to prepare a financial plan.
Refer to the more detailed topic list in CFP Board’s Guide to CFP® Certification.
1. Financial planning process
2. Financial statements
3. Cash flow management
4. Financing strategies
5. Function, purpose, and regulation of financial institutions
6. Education planning
7. Financial planning for special circumstances
8. Economic concepts
9. Time value of money concepts and calculations
10. Financial services regulations and requirements
11. Business law
12. Consumer protection laws