CCP 174: Insurance Planning
This course is designed to acquaint students with the principles of risk management and various types of insurance including casualty, fire, health, life, auto, home, and disability. The principles taught prepare students to identify a client’s risk exposure and select appropriate risk management techniques.
Refer to the more detailed topic list in CFP Board’s Guide to CFP® Certification.
13. Principles of risk and insurance
14. Analysis and evaluation of risk exposures
15. Health insurance and health care cost management (individual)
16. Disability income insurance (individual)
17. Long‐term care insurance (individual)
19. Life insurance (individual)
20. Income taxation of life insurance
21. Business uses of insurance
22. Insurance needs analysis
23. Insurance policy and company selection