Online Registration for Summer 2013
Online registration for the 2013 summer sessions I & II begin Wednesday, March 13, 2013 at 8:30 am.
In order to register online, students must:
- Have an account balance that is in good standing
- Have a signed registration agreement form from their academic advisor
- Have cleared restrictions such as those imposed by the Office of Admissions, International Student Center, etc.
- Have electronic registration approval granted by their academic advisor in WebAdvisor
The first step to online registration is to access WebAdvisor. If you are on campus, go to webadvisor.barry.edu. If you are logging in from a remote location (i.e. home), you must first log on to the Barry network by going to access.barry.edu. If you haven’t activated your Barry email account select “help” on the login page, then select “First time users” and follow the step by step instructions provided.
Log in using your Barry username and password.
Once you are inside the Barry University network, a list of available Barry sites will be listed on the left side of your screen. Choose WebAdvisor to get to the WebAdvisor homepage. This page provides users with important dates, tutorials, and other documentation.
Online Registration Procedures
To take part in online registration, your account balance must be in good standing. In addition, you must accept the Terms and Conditions of Online Registration that precedes the online registration screen on WebAdvisor. You must observe the payment arrangements deadline date in order to be considered fully registered. You may not be eligible for online registration for a number of reasons; for example, restrictions based on admissions status, residency status, etc. Please review your status using WebAdvisor before attempting online registration in order to resolve any issues that may prevent you from registering online. You can access this important information by looking at My Account Summary and Restrictions. WebAdvisor will provide you with up to date information. Also, you must have written approval from your academic advisor for all courses that you register online.
Further information is available at www.barry.edu/webadvisor
To Register Using WebAdvisor
- Click on WebAdvisor
The WebAdvisor homepage will display. This page provides users with important dates, tutorials, and other documentation.
- Click on “Log In” at the top of the WebAdvisor homepage
- Enter your username (same as your Barry network username – use lowercase only)
- Enter your password (same as your Barry network password)
- Click “Submit”
The WebAdvisor main menu will appear.
- Click on “WebAdvisor for Students”
- Click on “Register for Classes”
If you know the courses for which you are registering, click on “Express Registration.”
The Terms and Conditions of Online Registration screen will display. Read this carefully and click on “I accept” button only if you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of online registration. Click on “I do not accept” to decline participation in online registration and the terms and conditions that apply.
The easiest method for course registration is to enter the course synonym number found below each course in the schedule of classes:
- Under column heading “Synonym,” enter the course synonym number. This will automatically populate all other fieldsOR
- Under column heading “Subject,” select the subject from drop down window
- Under column heading “Course #,” enter the course number
- Under column heading “Section #,” enter the section number
- Under column heading “Term,” select the term you are registering for
- Click “submit”
A screen will appear displaying your preferred sections. This confirms your selected courses, but you are not yet registered. To complete the registration process, you must choose “Register” from the action menu and then click “Submit.” You may also choose a link at the bottom of the page and your selected sections will be saved for later registration.
Please note that schedule adjustments (adding and/or deleting courses) are not yet an option via online registration. All schedule adjustments must be handled in person by visiting the Office of the Registrar during regular business hours.
Note: Students can register only for those courses for which they have received written approval from their advisor. If a student registers for coursework not authorized by the advisor, he/she is responsible for the incorrect course selection.
Walk-in registration will begin from 8:30 am - 5:00 pm on Wednesday, March 13, 2013 in the Office of the Registrar for those students not registering online.
If you can’t access the Barry intranet, call the DoIT help desk at 305-899-3604. Should you experience difficulties accessing WebAdvisor, call the AIS help desk at 305-899-3150.