Updates in Podiatric Clinical Education at Barry University School of Podiatric Medicine
Saturday, August 18th, 2018
School of Podiatric Building, Room 107
320 NW 115th Street
Miami Shores, Florida 33161
The Clinical Instructor Workshop will be hosted by Barry University School of Podiatric Medicine and the Associate Dean of Clinical Education.
Three (3) Continuing Education Contact Hours will be offered.
3 hours of General
Physician Registration (includes breakfast) - FREEPhysician Registration
Shanika Hill, DPM
Associate Dean of Clinical Education
Barry University School of Podiatric Medicine
- 8:30-9:00 am: Check- In, Breakfast and Welcome
- 9:00-10:00 am: Overview of the Clinical Instructor Manual
- 10:00-11:00 am: Core Competencies and Attendance Policy
- 11:00-12:00 pm: Typhon and Clinical Evaluations
At the conclusion of the seminar, Physicians will be able to:
- To promote clinical teacher development and enable research into medical education and assessment methods.
- To initiate and develop the teaching of basic practical clinical skills to students in a safe and structured environment by reinforcing the existing bedside and clinical learning
- To support the transition of the student’s clinical skills learning from the didactic environment to the clinical area
- To provide a facility for the structured assessment of clinical skills and other competencies
- To ensure that the student receives uniform teaching opportunities whilst on clinical attachment to a local district hospital by working with local trainers and sharing educational resources
- To integrate the learning of practical clinical skills with the skills of communication and team working – enabling the patient’s experience of the clinical encounter to remain central to a student’s clinical skill development
*Program objectives are subject to change
Barry University School of Podiatric Medicine is approved by the Council on Podiatric Medical Education as a sponsor of continuing education in podiatric medicine. The Clinical Instructor Workshop offers 3 Continuing Education Contact Hours to licensed Podiatrists.
Barry University School of Podiatric Medicine, in accordance with accreditation requirements, will disclose any significant financial interest or other relationship with the manufacturer(s) of any commercial product(s) and/or provider(s) of commercial services discussed in an education presentation and with any commercial supporters of the activity.
Certificate of Completion
Approximately two weeks following the seminar, you will receive a certificate of attendance via e-mail.
BISPM reserves the right to cancel the seminar up to two weeks prior to the start date of the seminar. BUSPM will make every effort to inform the participants as soon as possible in the event of cancellation. At no time will BUSPM be responsible for any other cost that may have been incurred by the registrant.
If you do not receive a confirmation within 48 hours, please contact the CME office at 305-899-3266/3249 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
Please visit our CME webpage