2016 Comprehensive Board Review Course
April 7-10, 2016
Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort
1200 Epcot Resorts Boulevard
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830
- Prepare for board certification exams in podiatric surgery, orthopedics, and primary podiatric medicine
- Learn strategies for the computer-based patient simulation (CBPS) examination
- Receive Board-Master Software designed to assist in navigating CBPS questions successfully
- Now includes experiences recounted by former board-takers
- 28 continuing education credit hours will be offered
Barry University School of Podiatric Medicine 2016 Comprehensive Board Review Course will be held at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort (Swan hotel), located at 1200 Epcot Resorts Boulevard, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830.
|Discounted Guest Room Daily Rates|
|Run of House||$169|
|Disney Resort View||$209|
|Disney Resort View with Balcony||$219|
|Crescent Lake View||$219|
|Crescent Lake View with Balcony||$229|
|One-Bedroom Grand Suite||$409|
|Mandatory Resort Service Package||$20|
ALL THE ROOMS ARE NEWLY RENOVATED!
Please make your hotel reservations by logging on to: http://swandolphin.com/groupres/BU16
The deadline for the discounted room rate is Monday, March 7, 2016. Reservation requests for Barry University School of Podiatric Medicine received after this date are on a space availability basis at the hotel’s prevailing rates. If you need to make changes to your reservation, please contact the reservations department (800-227-1500 or 407-934-4000).
This course is an intensive board review designed to assist podiatrists in preparation of the written as well as computer based patient simulation (CBPS) examination for the surgery, orthopedic and primary podiatric medicine boards.
The goal of the Comprehensive Board Review seminar is to educate and prepare podiatric physicians to take certification examination in podiatric surgery, orthopedics, and primary podiatric medicine offered through the American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery (ABFAS) and the American Board of Podiatric Medicine (ABPM). Relevant materials will be presented in an abridged manner due to the extensive material covered on the certification examination. Notes will be supplied in respective areas and insight will be given on how to prepare for the CBPS examination. Subject material being covered is listed in the program and physicians should be able to identify disease processes, appropriate conservative treatment, surgical criteria and appropriate therapeutic procedures.
Barry University School of Podiatric Medicine is approved by the Council on Podiatric Medical Education as a sponsor of continuing education in podiatric medicine.
The Comprehensive Board Review Seminar offers 28 continuing education contact hours.
- Live lectures presented by qualified faculty
- One study manual on jump drive
- One access to Board Master Software at board-master.com. Software specifically designed to assist with preparation for computer-based patient simulation (CBPS) questions for both the Foot and Reconstructive Rearfoot and Ankle (RRA) exams. Computer-based patient simulations (CBPS) are present on both Part I and Part II of the certification exams. Navigating CBPS questions successfully is critical to becoming board certified. You will also receive a free foot pack or three foot cases for use until October 31, 2016.
- Continental breakfast and lunch. If you have special dietary restrictions, please indicate your requirements on the special needs area of the registration form.
2016 COMPREHENSIVE BOARD REVIEW FACULTY
Scientific Co-chair Surgery
Thomas Merrill, DPM
Scientific Co-chair Podiatric Medicine
Albert Armstrong, DPM
Jacqueline Brill, DPM • Jacqueline Buchman, DPM • Mario Cala, DPM • Ricardo Calonge, MD • Cherison Cuffy, DPM • Jon Houseworth, DPM • James Losito, DPM • John Nelson, DPM • Luis Rodriquez, DPM • Robert Snyder, DPM • Charles Southerland, DPM • George Vito, DPM
Barry University School of Podiatric Medicine, in accordance with accreditation requirements, will disclose any significant financial interest or other relationship with the manufacturer(s) of any commercial product(s) and/or provider(s) of commercial services discussed in an educational presentation and with any commercial supporters of the activity.
2016 COMPREHENSIVE BOARD REVIEW TOPICS
- Wound Healing, Skin Grafting and Plastic Procedures
- Anesthesia and Peri-operative Management
- Bone Healing, Non-union and Grafting
- Special Imaging
- Metabolic Bone Disease and Tumors
- Hallux Limitus and Rigidus
- First Ray Evaluation and Procedures
- Lesser Metatarsal and Digital Procedures
- Emergency Medicine
- Principles of Internal and External Fixation
- Complications of Diabetes
- Lower Extremity Infections & Wounds
- Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Management of Rearfoot, Forefoot and Midfoot Trauma
- Management of Ankle Trauma
- Surgical Complications
- Laboratory Medicine
- Soft Tissue Tumors
- Trauma Classification - Forefoot and Midfoot and Rearfoot and Ankle
- Pathomechanics and Gait Analysis
- Pes Planus and Equinus
- Pes Cavus
- Pediatric Development and Congenital Anomalies
- Metatarsus Adductus and Osteochondrosis
- Reconstructive Surgery and Salvage
- Sports Medicine
- Internal Medicine
Comprehensive Board Review full schedule TBA
Please note seminar rooms may be cold.
SEMINAR REGISTRATION FEES:
Fees must be received postmarked by March 7, 2016, otherwise a $100 late registration fee will be charged.
|Barry University Alumni Rate||$650|
|Residents (with letter of residency status from director)||$550|
|Late registration fee after March 7, 2016||$100|
Refunds less a $100 processing fee will be given when written notification is received postmarked by March 7, 2016. No refunds will be given for no-shows. Barry University School of Podiatric Medicine (BUSPM) reserves the right to cancel the seminar up to two weeks prior to the start date of the seminar. BUSPM will make every effort to inform the participants as soon as possible should cancellation become necessary to enable the participants to cancel hotel and flight arrangements. At no time will BUSPM be responsible for any costs that may have been incurred by the registrant.
You may mail payment to:
Barry University School of Podiatric Medicine
Attn: CME Office
11300 NE 2nd Ave.
Miami Shores, FL 33161
Or fax your registration with payment to 305-899-6106 or 305-899-3253 (Attn: CME Office)
For further information, please contact: Jeavon Inniss at (305) 899-3266 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Toll free at 800-319-FEET (3338).