Why Counseling at Barry?
Do you have a passion for learning, helping people, and counseling? Do you want to make a difference in people’s lives? Explore the counseling opportunities offered by the counseling department at Barry University.
- The Counseling program prepares you to be ethical practitioners to work within multicultural environments.
- On-site counseling clinics trains you to provide clinical services to the surrounding diverse community.
- The Counseling program blends traditional didactic approaches to teaching with experiential methods.
- You are encouraged to work independently as well as cooperatively on projects.
- The faculty work together to create an atmosphere of caring, openness, and trust.
- The following specializations are CACREP Accreditated: Mental Health Counseling; Martial, Couple, and Family Counseling and Therapy; and School Counseling.
Find out more information about the College Reach-Out Program (CROP), which offers counseling services that focus on enhancing students’ and families’ strengths and resources. This program is designed to address factors outside of school that impact student abilities to pursue a college education.
We also invite you to learn about Barry University's other Graduate Program's in Mental Health Fields.