Christine Sacco-Bene, PhD
Assistant Professor and Chair of the Counseling Department
Graduate Studies Building, Orlando Campus
Christine Sacco-Bene joined the Counseling Program in the Adrian Dominican School of Education as Assistant Professor at the Miami Shores campus in 2004. In 2007, Dr. Sacco-Bene moved to the Orlando site of Barry University's Counseling Program. Dr. Sacco-Bene holds a B.S. in Child and Family Development, Human Services from Virginia Tech, an M.S.Ed. in Community Counseling from Old Dominion University, and a Ph.D. in Counselor Education from the College of William and Mary. She is a Licensed Mental Health Counselor in Florida, a Licensed Professional Counselor in Virginia, a Qualified Supervisor for Marriage and Family Therapists and Mental Health Counselors in Florida, and a National Certified Counselor (NCC). Her professional interests include student professional identity development, supervision, and counseling for individuals and families with disabilities. She has presented numerous workshops at state and national conferences. Dr. Sacco-Bene is currently the Orlando faculty advisor for the Barry University Counselors Association (BUCA) and the Beta Upsilon Chapter of Chi Sigma Iota.
- Carson, D., Arter, C., Jablonski, T., Sacco-Bene, C., & Hukill, J. (2009). Disability dynamics in the family: A wraparound pastoral care approach for the church. Sacred Spaces: The E-Journal of the American Association of Pastoral Counselors, 1(1).
- Sacco-Bene, C. (2008, December 14). Relationships can survive the strain of bad economy. Orlando Sentinel, p. A21.
- Sacco-Bene, C. (2008, November 2). Don't stress out over cash crunch. The Miami Herald, p. L7.
Peer Reviewed Presentations
- Chadha, T., Maddox, J., Sacco-Bene, C. (2011, May). Present focus and future vision: Administrators critique at-risk programs. Poster presentation presented at the Seventh International Congress of Qualitative Inquiry, Urbana-Champaign, IL.
- Sacco-Bene, C., Meek, G., & Eeltink, K. (2011, October). Counselor-in-training with a legal history: A unique dilemma? Roundtable session to be presented at the Association for Counselor Education and Supervisionâ€™s 2011 conference, Nashville, TN.
- Sacco-Bene, C. (2010, March). Perceptions of the efficacy of leadership theory in doctoral counselor education curriculum. Poster session presented at the American Counseling Association's 2010 annual conference, Pittsburgh, PA.
- Meek, G. Feurth, K., Rudes, J., Sacco-Bene, C., Shatz, K. & Shine, A. (2010, October 30). Programs with multiple locations: implications for pedagogy and practice in counselor education. Roundtable session presented at the Southern Association for Counselor Education and Supervision 2010 conference, Williamsburg, VA.
- Sacco-Bene, C., Brown, H., McDowell, F., & Gorgol, M. (2010, October 29). Transforming leaders: Integrating leadership into counselor education. Content session presented at the Southern Association for Counselor Education and Supervision 2010 conference, Williamsburg, VA.
- Sacco-Bene, C. (2009, March). Multicultural counseling: Serving clients with disabilities. Invited workshop presenter, Mental Health Counselors Association of the Space Coast, Melbourne, FL.
- Sacco-Bene, C. (2009, October). Keeping our marriage together. Moderator for panel discussion at the Joni and Friends: Through the Roof disability conference, Orlando, FL.
- Sacco-Bene, C., Eeltink, K., & Maddox, J. (2009, October). Professional identity development: Are non-traditional campuses fostering it? Roundtable session presented at the Association for Counselor Education and Supervisionâ€™s 2009 conference, San Diego, CA.
- Sacco-Bene, C., & Eeltink, K. (2009, October). Bridging sessions: A new counselor for an established client. Poster session presented at the Association for Counselor Education and Supervisionâ€™s 2009 conference, San Diego, CA.
- Sacco-Bene, C. (2009, March). Professional identity development: Are non-traditional campuses fostering it? Poster session presented at the American Counseling Association's 2009 annual conference, Charlotte, NC.
- Grothaus, T., & Sacco-Bene, C. (2006, September). Cultivating cultural competence in consultation. Workshop presented at the Southern Association for Counselor Education and Supervision's 2006 annual conference, Orlando, FL.