Christine Sacco-Bene, PhD
Associate Professor, Chair, Counseling Department
PhD, Counselor Education, College of William and Mary
MSEd, Community Counseling, Old Dominion University
BS, Child and Family Development, Human Services, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
Christine Sacco-Bene joined the Counseling Program in the Adrian Dominican School of Education as Assistant Professor in 2004. She is a Licensed Mental Health Counselor in Florida, a Licensed Professional Counselor in Virginia, a Qualified Supervisor for Marriage and Family Therapists and Mental Health Counselors in Florida, and a National Certified Counselor (NCC). Her professional interests include student professional identity development, supervision, and counseling for individuals and families with disabilities. She has presented numerous workshops at regional, state, and national conferences. Dr. Sacco-Bene is currently the Orlando faculty advisor for the Barry University Counselors Association (BUCA) and the co-faculty advisor of Beta Upsilon Chapter of Chi Sigma Iota.
- Carson, D., Arter, C., Jablonski, T., Sacco-Bene, C., & Hukill, J. (2009). Disability dynamics in the family: A wraparound pastoral care approach for the church. Sacred Spaces: The E-Journal of the American Association of Pastoral Counselors, 1(1).
- Sacco-Bene, C. (2008, December 14). Relationships can survive the strain of bad economy. Orlando Sentinel, p. A21.
- Sacco-Bene, C. (2008, November 2). Don’t stress out over cash crunch. The Miami Herald, p. L7.
Peer Reviewed Presentations
- Sacco-Bene, C. Meek. G., Fuse, J., & Thorne, E. (2012, September 28). Narrative Supervision of a Sexual Assault Case: Externalizing Rape and Building Resilience.Content session presented at the Southern Association for Counselor Education and Supervision 2012 conference, Savannah, GA.
- Chadha, T., Maddox, J., Sacco-Bene, C. (2011, May). Present focus and future vision: Administrators critique at-risk programs. Poster presentation presented at the Seventh International Congress of Qualitative Inquiry, Urbana-Champaign, IL.
- Sacco-Bene, C., Meek, G., & Eeltink, K. (2011, October). Counselor-in-training with a legal history: A unique dilemma? Roundtable session to be presented at the Association for Counselor Education and Supervision’s 2011 conference, Nashville, TN.
- Sacco-Bene, C. (2010, March). Perceptions of the efficacy of leadership theory in doctoral counselor education curriculum. Poster session presented at the American Counseling Association's 2010 annual conference, Pittsburgh, PA.
- Meek, G. Feurth, K., Rudes, J., Sacco-Bene, C., Shatz, K. & Shine, A. (2010, October 30). Programs with multiple locations: implications for pedagogy and practice in counselor education. Roundtable session presented at the Southern Association for Counselor Education and Supervision 2010 conference, Williamsburg, VA.
- Sacco-Bene, C., Brown, H., McDowell, F., & Gorgol, M. (2010, October 29). Transforming leaders: Integrating leadership into counselor education. Content session presented at the Southern Association for Counselor Education and Supervision 2010 conference, Williamsburg, VA.
- Sacco-Bene, C. (2009, March). Multicultural counseling: Serving clients with disabilities. Invited workshop presenter, Mental Health Counselors Association of the Space Coast, Melbourne, FL.
- Sacco-Bene, C. (2009, October). Keeping our marriage together. Moderator for panel discussion at the Joni and Friends: Through the Roof disability conference, Orlando, FL.
- Sacco-Bene, C., Eeltink, K., & Maddox, J. (2009, October). Professional identity development: Are non-traditional campuses fostering it? Roundtable session presented at the Association for Counselor Education and Supervision’s 2009 conference, San Diego, CA.
- Sacco-Bene, C., & Eeltink, K. (2009, October). Bridging sessions: A new counselor for an established client. Poster session presented at the Association for Counselor Education and Supervision’s 2009 conference, San Diego, CA.
- Sacco-Bene, C. (2009, March). Professional identity development: Are non-traditional campuses fostering it? Poster session presented at the American Counseling Association's 2009 annual conference, Charlotte, NC.