Meal Plans offer convenience, value and flexibility.
MC0 Commuter 35
Provides a student with 35 meals a semester in Roussell Dining Hall or *meal equivalencies in other locations. Students also receive $150 in “Dining Dollars” which can be used over the course of the semester to purchase additional meals or snacks at Roussell Dining Hall, Buc Stop Café, WOW Café & Wingery or Sandella’s Flatbread Café and convenience store. Cost - $400 per semester
MC1 Commuter 75
Provides a student with 75 meals a semester in Roussell Dining Hall or *meal equivalencies in other locations. Students also receive $250 in “Dining Dollars” which can be used over the course of the semester to purchase additional meals or snacks at Roussell Dining Hall, Buc Stop Café, WOW Café & Wingery or Sandella’s Flatbread Café and convenience store. Cost - $775 per semester
MC2 Commuter Lunch Block
Provides a student with 20 lunches a semester in the Roussell Dining Hall or for *meal equivalencies. This plan is renewable throughout the semester.
Cost - $140 per block of 20 Lunches
*A meal equivalency is a $5.50 meal value which can be used to purchase rotating meal combos priced at $5.50 or to purchase other menu items and apply the $5.50 meal equivalency amount to the cost of those items. Meal equivalencies are available at the Buc Stop Café, WOW Café & Wingery and Sandella’s Flatbread Café during these designated hours:
Buc Stop Café: Monday – Thursday; 9:00 PM – 11:30 PM
WOW Café & Wingery: Monday – Friday; 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Sandella’s Flatbread Café: Monday – Friday; 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Monday – Thursday; 9:00 PM – 11:00 PM
- Your university ID card serves as your meal card.
- Two bonus meals are provided each time a meal plan is purchased.
- Commuter Meal Plans can be purchased by cash, check or credit card in the Cashier Business Office (CBO). A representative there can also assist you in obtaining a Commuter Meal Plan using excess financial aid, scholarship or loans.
- Students enrolled in a commuter meal plan for the fall semester can have unused meals and Dining Dollars roll over into the spring semester with a purchase of a new plan in the spring semester. All commuter meal plans end with the spring semester.
University ID card is required at each point of sale. A student’s ID card may only be used by person to whom it is issued. Refunds will be issued for students withdrawing from the University within the first 2 weeks of the semester. A refund request begins at the Student Union Office in Landon Student Union.
The Flex Bucs account is a declining balance account for all debit functions on campus. These funds are placed on the student’s university issued ID card. At this time the ID card handles the following debit functions:
- Ø Bookstore purchases
- Ø Dining Services:
Roussell Dining Hall, 2nd Floor, Landon Union
Buc Stop Café, Thompson Hall
WOW Café & Wingery, 1st Floor, Landon Union
Sandella’s Flatbread Café and convenience store, SE corner of Dominican Hall-opening in the Fall, 2012
- Le Café International
Garner Location only-SW corner of Garner
- Business Center
Flex Bucs accounts can be opened at the Cashier Business Office (CBO). Payments of cash, check or credit card are accepted. Requests for billing against excess Financial Aid, loans or scholarship funds to your university account are done at the same office. A refund request of Flex Bucs begins at the Student Union Office located in Landon Student Union.
- Deposits in this account carry over from semester to semester.
- Additional funds can be added to this account at any time during a semester.
- Unused funds will be refunded upon request.
- University ID card is required for all Flex Bucs account purchases.
- A university ID card can only be used by the person to whom it is issued. Unauthorized or fraudulent use of an ID card will result in the card being confiscated and all persons involved being referred to the University Judicial System.
- Any systematic problems with the university ID card must be taken to the Student Union Office for resolution.
Information can be found at: www.barry.edu/studenthandbook/handbook/diningServices.html.