October is Disability Awareness Month and the Office of Disability Services encourages all faculty, staff and students to participate in our yearly workshop and activities. Disability Awareness Month is a time to increase awareness and sensitivity to individuals living with a disability.
During the month of October, Disability Services will host a number of events to assist in educating the Barry community about disabilities. Our events this year include;
- American Sign Language Workshop: Tuesday, Oct. 2
- Florida Diagnostic Learning Resources Systems Workshop that will focus on Universal Design of Instruction: Friday, Oct. 5
- Lunch & Learn with Test Taking Strategies and Meditation Tips: Tuesday, Oct. 9
- Move for Disability filled with music, fun and games: Friday, Oct. 19
- Movie Night: Monday, Oct. 22
Please Check the BUCWIS and Student events calendars for a complete outline of events being offered during Disability Awareness Month.