The Center for Counseling and Psychological Services invites the Barry community to attend the following events for National Eating Disorder Awareness Week from February 24 - March 2, 2013
Monday, February 25, 2013
“Love Your Genes”
- Statistics related to eating disorders and body image issues will be posted around campus.
Tuesday, February 26, 2013
“No Mirror Day”
- How much time do you spend looking in the mirror, focusing on your “flaws?” Select restroom mirrors in Thompson Hall and the Landon Student Union will be covered with paper. Students, faculty and staff are invited to write positive statements about their inner beauty.
Wednesday, February 27, 2013
“The Great Jeans Giveaway”
- As part of Wellness Day, the Counseling Center will have a table on the Thompson lawn between 11am-2pm where students, faculty, and staff will be invited to donate any jeans that don’t fit comfortably to support the message “wear the jeans that fit the true you!” This is a chance to “be comfortable in your genes” and get rid of those pants that so many hold on to as a symbol of their ideal, but not real, body size. All jeans will be donated to a charity organization.
- For those not able to participate on Wednesday, students, faculty, and staff may also drop off their donated jeans at the information desk on the first floor of the Landon Student Union all week long.
Thursday, February 28, 2013
“Barefaced and Beautiful Without and Within”
- The Counseling Center invites the Barry Community to participate in “Barefaced and Beautiful, Without and Within” by going without makeup for one day and celebrating your true inner beauty!
- You can also participate in this national campaign by changing your Facebook profile picture to one of you without make-up and posting “Barefaced and Beautiful Without and Within” as your status update.
For more information, contact the Center for Counseling and Psychological Services in Landon 105.