Apply When it’s Right for You: The MS in Curriculum and Instruction accepts applications for Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters.
The following admission requirements must be met:
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited or internationally recognized college or university with appropriate credits in education or subject area as indicated by transcripts
- Applicants with a bachelor’s degree GPA below 3.0 will normally be required to take the MAT or GRE (all sections). In exceptional cases, the requirement may be waived by the Dean on the advice of the department chairperson.
- Prerequisites for entrance into the content area specializations of English or the Social Sciences
- Two letters of recommendation
- Admissions essay
- Documentation of one year teaching experience, preferred
- Transfer credits must be approved by interdisciplinary admissions committee
How to Apply
Please create a MyBarry account. Once created, there will be a link labeled "Apply Now." Select the Master of Science in Curriculum and Instruction program and follow the steps. There is a $30 application fee.
- Applicants who have been provisionally accepted must complete all outstanding admission requirements before they will be permitted to register beyond the credit limit. That limit is 9 credits.
- Provisional acceptance may vary by specialization.
Have questions about MS in Curriculum and Instruction? Please contact:
Toll free: 1-800-756-6000 extension 3719