- Online graduate application
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education *
- Official transcripts from every college and/or university attended
- An undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 or better in an appropriate discipline
- A minimum score of 550 (or 213 computerized score or 79 Internet-based test score) on the TOEFL for International Students **
- An acceptable score on the GRE,*** or Alternative Portfolio
- Two letters of recommendation from referents that legitimately speak to the applicant’s potential for academic and professional success in graduate coursework (please use official form included in the application)
- Statement of purpose/essay describing personal career goals and showing how completion of Barry’s program will help fulfill these goals
- Writing sample
All documents should be sent to:
Office of Graduate Admissions
11300 NE 2nd Avenue
Miami Shores, FL 33161
Please include your full name, student ID number, or Social Security number on all documents.
For more information, please see College of Arts and Sciences requirements.
*International credentials from an educational system other than the United States must be evaluated by a foreign credential evaluator who is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). The evaluation must be “course-by-course with GPA,” and should be sent directly from the evaluating agency to Barry University. For a list of NACES members, please visit www.naces.org/members.htm.
** The TOEFL may be waived for applicants with a minimum of 24 college-level academic credits earned from an institution in which English is the basis of instruction and classroom interaction.
***The GRE requirement may be waived for students with an earned graduate degree.