The Bachelor of Arts in Advertising is designed to provide you with knowledge and expertise in all aspects of advertising in preparation for a variety of professional challenges. You will take courses that prepare you for the world’s job market including advertising strategy, creative, design, research, and media planning. Plus, our location in the Miami area allows you to explore unique internship opportunities within the region’s numerous advertising agencies, private corporations, and non-profit groups.
Upon graduation, you will be prepared to:
- Identify target audiences and develop effective advertising campaigns.
- Understand how research, strategy, and positioning interact.
- Experience the creative process and develop strong creative ideas for print, broadcast, and interactive media.
- Explain the role of advertising in our national and world economies.
- Understand the influences of advertising on cultural norms, tastes, and trends.
In addition, our core curriculum in the liberal arts gives you a balanced education.
Highlight of the Program - Advertising Campaign
The highlight of the advertising program requires you to produce a complete campaign that utilizes the knowledge acquired in all advertising classes. The campaign offers exposure to real life situations such as client meetings, strategic brainstorming, and creative design sessions. If you are interested in the creative process, you can further develop specific production skills with coursework in graphic design.
All of our undergraduates are also required to complete an internship as part of the curriculum, providing valuable real work experience prior to entering the job market.
For more information about our advertising degree program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.