Commuter Meal Plan Options
Meal Plans offer convenience, value and flexibility.
Commuter 50 + $150 Dining Dollars - $500/semester
Created for the off-campus student looking for the ultimate convenience, flexibility and value, this plan includes 50 opportunities to enjoy meals in Roussell Dining Hall plus $150 dining dollars for use at our Buc Stop, WOW, Sandella’s or C-Store locations.
Commuter 35 + $100 Dining Dollars - $350/semester
Easy, convenient, and budget-friendly, this plan includes 35 opportunities to enjoy meals in Roussell Dining Hall plus $100 dining dollars for use at our Buc Stop, WOW, Sandella’s or C-Store locations.
Commuter 25 - $180/semester
Save time and money, this plan allows commuter students the ability to dine on campus with 25 any time meals in Roussell Dining Hall.
How to successfully navigate your dining meal plan:
- Your student ID (meal card) is required at each meal attended.
- You are the only one who may use your meal card.
- Meal plan selections cannot be changed during a semester.
- Meal plans expire at the end of the semester.
- Dining dollars are redeemable in Roussell Dining Hall, Buc Stop, WOW, Sandella’s, and C-store locations.
- Meal exchanges are equal to $5.50 retail value or designated bundle meal and limited to one per meal period. Balances exceeding $5.50 can be paid with cash, credit/debit, dining dollars, or flex bucs.
- Meal exchanges are not accepted at the C-store location.
- Meal exchanges are redeemable during all business operating hours.
*A meal exchange is a $5.50 meal value which can be used to purchase rotating meal combos priced at $5.50 or to purchase other menu items and apply the $5.50 meal equivalency amount to the cost of those items. Meal equivalencies are available at the Buc Stop Café, Bucky's Cove and Sandella’s Flatbread Café.
The Flex Bucs account is a declining balance account for all debit functions on campus. These funds are placed on the student’s university issued ID card. At this time the ID card handles the following debit functions:
- Bookstore purchases
- Dining Services:
Roussell Dining Hall, 2nd Floor, Landon Union
Buc Stop Café, Thompson Hall
Bucky's Cove, 1st Floor, Landon Union
Sandella’s Flatbread Café and convenience store, SE corner of Dominican Hall
- Le Café International
Garner Location only-SW corner of Garner
- Business Center
Flex Bucs accounts can be opened at the Cashier Business Office (CBO). Payments of cash, check or credit card are accepted. Requests for billing against excess Financial Aid, loans or scholarship funds to your university account are done at the same office. A refund request of Flex Bucs begins at the Student Union Office located in Landon Student Union.
- Deposits in this account carry over from semester to semester.
- Additional funds can be added to this account at any time during a semester.
- Unused funds will be refunded upon request.
- University ID card is required for all Flex Bucs account purchases.
- A university ID card can only be used by the person to whom it is issued.
- Unauthorized or fraudulent use of an ID card will result in the card being confiscated and all persons involved being referred to the University Judicial System.
- Any systematic problems with the university ID card must be taken to the Student Union Office for resolution.
Information can be found at: http://www.barry.edu/student-handbook/handbook/dining-services.html.