Master of Science in Education (Optional)
If you would like to continue your education with a master's degree, you can transition seamlessly into our one-year Master of Science in Education program. Bachelor of Science in Education with Master of Science (a.k.a BS/MS in Education program) may be completed in five years and builds on what you learn in your undergraduate studies.
Benefits of Seamlessly Obtaining Your Bachelor's and Master's Degree in Education:
- Speed up your career path; a traditional bachelor's and master's degree taken separately typically takes an additional 1-2 years.
- During the MS in Education program, teach full time during the day under the supervision of an experienced teacher, while taking classes at night.
- Have an easier time obtaining a teaching certification in other states if you do not wish to stay in Florida.
- Receive a higher salary than teachers with just a bachelor's degree once you enter the job market.
- More career options such as TESOL Specialist, Reading Coach, and Content Area Specialist.
Mentorship Program - Master of Science in Education:
While you are mentored all along the way in your undergraduate program, the Master of Science in Education provides a strong mentorship program to help you further develop as a teacher-leader.
If you choose to move forward with the Master of Science in Education, you gain another year of classroom experience by working as a full-time teacher during the day and taking classes at night. You are mentored by an experienced teacher as you execute the classroom curriculum for the year.
If you're not sure if you want to enter the BS/MS option, don't worry. You don't have to decide right now. We recommend scheduling an appointment with us to talk about your options that will help meet your professional goals.
Dr. Sam Perkins, Director of the of the BS/MS in Education Program
305-899-4826 or firstname.lastname@example.org