Early and Middle Childhood Education Specialization
Who will I teach?
This specialization certifies you to teach students from Kindergarten to 6th grade.
What will I learn?
- use your knowledge of academic disciplines to design, implement, and evaluate curriculum that promotes comprehensive developmental and learning outcomes for every child
- explore the needs of students in order to enhance the learning environment
- observe children and engage forms of assessment that are central to the practice of all education professionals
- develop your teaching style
- learn classroom management procedures and how to formulate curriculum for the year
Where can I teach?
Once you graduate, you will be prepared to teach Kindergarten to 6th grade in the public or private school sector. With an Early and Middle Childhood Education degree, you can also teach overseas! You are prepared to teach in any educational setting from a classroom to a museum to a cruise ship to a school in West Africa.
Did you know...
With one additional year, you are able to complete your Bachelor of Science in Education with Master of Science? This will build on your undergraduate coursework. Check it out!