Emerging Leaders Program
Leading here. Leading now. Making a difference always!
Are you looking to...
- Acquire appropriate leadership skills;
- Identify your own leadership style;
- Develop your leadership goals;
- Foster strong relationships with other student leaders, faculty, and staff;
- Build community both on and off campus?
If you answered yes to any of these then WE'RE LOOKING FOR YOU!
Barry University 's Emerging Leaders Program (ELP) is an initiative of the Department of Student Activities designed to develop a vibrant, active student body that is committed to making a difference at Barry University and beyond. At Barry University we are committed to experiential learning.
The ELP combines theory-based training with practical leadership experience. Some of the topics you will explore with your peers include:
- A new way of understanding leadership
- Effective communication
- Time management
- Networking and establishing relationships
- Ethical decision-making
- The mind, body and soul of a leader
- Understanding yourself and others
To further support you during the program, you will have opportunities for direct interaction with current student leaders and university staff, faculty, and senior administrators. You will have access to resources and people that help you learn and grow as you develop your own leadership style.
So, as you develop your own leadership style, you have access to resources and people that help you learn and grow.
What are the program requirements?
- Entering freshman
- Minimum 3.0 (B) grade point average
- Three 250 word essays
The ELP is a great way to meet new people, get connected to your campus, and grow personally as you enhance your leadership potential.
Ready To Apply?
You can apply online for the Emerging Leaders program. Don't wait a moment longer! Deadline for all applications Friday, October 4, 2013 by 5:00pm