A student requesting/planning an internship:
- Must be at the senior level
- Must have a minimum G.P.A. of 2.5
- Must request an internship clearly related to his/her declared major field
- Must work closely with his/her advisor and the Center for Student and Career Development in planning the internship
- Must complete the required authorization form at the Dean's Office listing objective, major projects, on-site supervisor, schedule of on-campus conferences, basis of evaluation and timetable for projects, log, meetings, final report
- Must submit the required authorization form at the Dean's Office prior to registration and prior to the beginning of the semester
Criteria for Internships
- Student will submit a final writing portfolio to faculty advisor.
- Student will meet weekly with faculty advisor to discuss progress of internship.
- Student will be assigned texts based upon faculty advisor's recommendation.
- Student will submit a field notebook/journal to the faculty advisor twice during the term (midterm and final).
- Student will submit a writing project based upon faculty advisor's recommendation.
Internships receiving 3 credit hours will require a minimum of 120 hours at the internship site. Additional time will be required to maintain a log, to prepare reports, and to meet in conference with the faculty moderator.
Internships receiving 6 credits will require a minimum of 240 hours at the internship site. Additional time will be required to maintain a log, to prepare reports, and to meet in conference with the faculty moderator.