The Department of English and Foreign Languages and the Barry University chapter of Sigma Tau Delta, The International English Honor Society, invite the Barry community to submit work for writing contest.
Categories include: Poetry, Fiction, Graphic Novels, and Essay
Deadline for submission: March 27, 2015
- First Place & Honorable Mention in each category
- Certificate of Award from the Department of English & Foreign Languages (Presented at the Spring Honors Convocation)
- $50.00 for each First Place Award
- Inscription on permanent department plaque for each First Place Award
- Publication in next issue of What Oft Was Thought
- Open to all registered Barry University students
- Students may enter in all 4 categories (3,500 prose maximum)
- Maximum of 4 entries per person
- Entries will not be returned
- Results will be announced by late April
- Format: Word, Times New Roman, 12 point font
- E-Mail submissions as attachments with subject line – “Writing Contest Submission” to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In separate attachment titled “Personal Information,” please provide the following information: Name, student number, permanent address, telephone number, e-mail address, academic major, short biographical sketch (no more than three sentences) that reflects your particular interest in writing.