Sigma Tau Delta
Sigma Tau Delta is the International English Honor Society. A member of the Association of College Honor Societies, it was founded in 1924 at Dakota Wesleyan University.
Sigma Tau Delta's central purpose is to confer distinction upon students of the English language and literature in undergraduate, graduate, and professional studies. Sigma Tau Delta also recognizes the accomplishments of professional writers who have contributed to the fields of language and literature.
- be a registered student at Barry University;
- have completed 30 credits of college work (undergraduate) or 6 credits (graduate);
- have completed at least two literature, creative writing or professional writing courses beyond first-year courses. The literature courses may include foreign language, humanities or liberal studies courses with a strong literary focus. If you have a question about any of the courses on your transcript, contact the faculty sponsor (see below).
- have at least an overall GPA of 3.0 and a B average in all English-related courses;
- pay the $50 membership fee (includes lifetime national membership in Sigma Tau Delta and one year local dues)
Our chapter also publishes a distinguished literary journal, What Oft Was Thought, and runs a yearly writing contest.