Why Enroll in the Gifted Education Endorsement Courses at Barry University?
Recently, there has been a renewed interest in nurturing the gifted and talented as a national resource to maintain our global competitiveness.
Based on the principles of diversity, equity, and excellence, the Gifted Endorsement courses at Barry University help teachers to foster the unique interests, talents, and learning preferences of their students.
Endorsement courses may be added to a Bachelor's or Master's degree in any area of education (e.g., elementary education, early childhood education, ESE).
Only five courses (15 credits) beyond a valid teaching certificate are needed for the endorsement.
Courses needed are:
- ESE 518 - Educating Special Gifted Populations
- ESE 522 - Guidance and Counseling of Gifted Students
- ESE 523 - Nature and Needs of the Gifted
- ESE 534 - Theory and Development of Creativity
- ESE 535 - Educational Procedures and Curriculum for Students with Gifts and Talents