Standards of Progress
All candidates must maintain a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher to remain in good academic standing and to graduate. Any student who receives less than a 3.0 and/or three** C's in the program is subject to departmental or School action, including dismissal. Failing grades must be replaced by a passing grade in the same course or the student is subject to dismissal. Not maintaining good standing (3.0) may result in probationary action. During the probation, candidates must meet requirements to be in good standing.
The faculty of the Adrian Dominican School of Education reserves the right of retaining, progressing, and graduating those candidates who in its judgment satisfy the requirements of scholarship and personal suitability.
General Graduation Requirements for the Master of Science Degree
- Successful completion of the stated number of required semester hours for each program, including all requisite courses listed and all required specialization courses
- Maintain a grade point average of 3.00(B) or higher
- Passing grade on a final written comprehensive examination
- Seven years are permitted to complete degree requirements from the date of initial matriculation
- Processing of all graduate degrees can only be accomplished through student completion of appropriate University forms and procedures