The Office of Conference & Event Services
(“CES”) is responsible for all arrangements for facility
use pertaining to filming and photography shoots at Barry University’s
main campus. This does not include news photography; all requests
for news photography should be coordinated through the Office
of University Relations.
Availability for filming and photography are
contingent on the following:
- Advance notice of at least three (3) working days prior
to the shoot date.
- Specific days (s) and location(s) requested
- Availability of parking and necessary University Personnel
- Schedule of University events and classes
- Impact on the students, faculty, staff and community members
- Application for Facility Use is received and approved by
- All security deposits, damage deposits, and fees required
must be received no less than two (2) business days prior to
**Filming and photo shoots are only confirmed when a contract
has been signed by both parties.
- Filming in any campus facilities must be specified in the
application and approved by CES. Filming will only
be permitted in the areas specified in the Agreement for Facility
Use. No filming is permitted in the residence halls or other
- Lessee must provide a complete script/story board must be
provided for all filming and photography requests,
and must be approved by the University for content before final
confirmation can be given.
- All parking arrangements must be approved by the Office
of Public Safety. Parking for trucks and trailers is
extremely limited. Lessee should visit the campus at least
five (5) days prior to shoot date to finalize special parking
- Unless requested by the lessee, the Barry University Office
of Public Safety shall determine the required number
of security officers and/or uniformed police officers. Lessee
is responsible for any costs for security coverage.
- Everything lessee wishes to bring in terms of set dressing,
special effects, large equipment, vehicles, etc. must
be fully disclosed two (2) working days prior to the shoot.
- Notice of cancellation must be received no less than two
(2) business days prior to scheduled shoot date. Lessee
is responsible for any labor or direct costs Barry University
has accrued at the time of cancellation.
- The lessee is prohibited from interference or interruption
of all regular classes, educational activities, events,
or other normal operations of Barry University. The University
reserves the right to impose reasonable restrictions on
the lessee’s activities to ensure that such interference
does not occur. The University has the right to expel Lessee
from the Property if they unreasonably interfere with the University’s
normal operations by failing to adhere to University guidelines.
- Lessee agrees that it will not photograph, film or otherwise
use in any manner whatsoever the name, logos, trademarks
or symbols of Barry University or any of its departments,
divisions, faculty, employees or students without first obtaining
the written permission from the University.
- Lessee agrees that they will not broadcast, print, transmit,
or otherwise disseminate any images of identifiable
individuals, whether students, employees, or otherwise, without
specific signed permission of such individuals, copies of which
will be provided to the University upon request.
- Lessee agrees that any and all images and recordings, including
but not limited to, all still photographs, all motion
pictures, including but not limited to, film, video, and digital
motion pictures, and all audio recordings may only be used
in connection with, or as part of, the program. Lessee
must seek written permission from the University if they wish
to in any way utilize, sell, distribute or in any way or form
transfer all or any portion of the recordings for any purpose
not specified in the agreement for facility use.
Restrictions and guidelines of the contract are specific to
each individual filming/photo shoot and are strictly enforced.
Fees for Filming and Photography
NOTE: All fees listed below include the cost for use of each
location, parking and one (1) security monitor. Should there
be a need for more than one (1) officer (as determined by the
University), you shall pay an additional rate of $15/hour per
officer. Overtime rates apply after eight (8) hours. One officer
is required for every 100 cast/crew members and/or one officer
at each location being utilized. Additional officers may also
be required when shooting on main campus.
In addition, certain locations or special requests that require
the use of other University personnel will result in additional
- $2,000/day - any interior shots or any filming done on main
- $1,500/day - all exterior shots on main campus
- $1,000/day – any interior shots or any photography
done on main campus
- $700/day – all exterior shots on main campus
- $500/day – editorial shoots
*** A fee equal to one-half of your location fee will be
charged per day for any
additional days that are required for set-up or strike.