No Portfolio Requirement
We do not require a photography portfolio for admission. We can start you out at the beginning level, as many of our students come into the program with very little prior photography experience. If you have prior photographic experience, please bring your portfolio to share with your academic advisor, who wil examine it to help determine placement in classes. This might enable you to skip some of the preliminaries.
First Year Applicants
Applicants who have never attended a college or university, and applicants who are coming to Barry with less than 12 hours of transferable college credits are considered first year applicants. First year applicants are required to complete the following application process:
- Complete the online undergraduate application, or print out and complete the Application for Admission.
- Submit the non-refundable application fee (online application fee waived, $30.00/paper application) made payable by check or money order to Barry University.
- Submit official transcripts from all secondary and post secondary institutions.
- Submit official SAT or ACT scores (applies to students under the age of 21). The Barry University code for SAT I: 5053; ACT: 0718.
- If you have completed a G.E.D., forward the official results of that examination and the official high school transcripts documenting your secondary education.