To be admitted into one of the graduate photography programs, you will have to satisfy both the Barry University and College of Arts and Sciences graduate admissions requirements. In addition, you will need to:
- submit scores from either Miller’s Analogies Test (MAT), or the Graduate Record Examination (GRE);
- demonstrate creativity and technical skill using the medium of photography, and potential as a contributor affecting the evolution of creative photography based upon a portfolio review of original artworks; and
- evidence the maturity, self-confidence and articulation needed for assisting undergraduate photography students based upon personal interviews with faculty and administration.
MA & MFA in PHOTOGRAPHY
To apply to the MA or MFA program in Photography at Barry University, you must submit the following to the Office of Admissions:
- Bachelors degree with a minimum 3.0 gpa from an accredited institution.
- Portfolio of no more than 20 copy slides or CD of original artwork.
- Portfolio review form with self assessed photography skill listed
- Two official copies of transcripts from each university attended.
- Official test score copies of either:
- TOEFL exam (minimum score of 550)
- Two letters of recommendation
- After portfolio is submitted an informal personal or phone interview with photography faculty may be required.
- A 250 word statement on how the MFA of MA degree from Barry University will help fulfill your goals.
- Completed application form.
- A non-refundable application fee.
- Application packet, official transcripts and official examination scores should be sent to:
1- 800-622-3231 or 305-899-3950 (Barry University testing center)
GRE (Graduate Record Examination) scores (minimum combined score of 1000)
1- 800-537-3160 or www.gre.org
If the applicant has a completed Master’s degree from an accredited University the MAT/GRE requirement maybe waived.
For non-native English speakers:
Division of Enrollment Services
11300 NE Second Avenue
Miami Shores, Florida 33161-6695
Deadlines for submission of portfolio / application:March 31 for Fall enrollment
October 31 for Spring enrollment
For further information, you may call the Department of Fine Arts at (305) 899-3420