Scholarships and Grants
State Financial Aid
The following State of Florida program is available to qualified graduate students:
Jose Marti Scholarship Challenge Grant Fund
A need-based merit scholarship that provides financial assistance to eligible students of Hispanic origin who will attend Florida public or eligible private institutions. Priority is given to graduating high school seniors.
The student will:
- Be a Florida resident and a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen. A student’s residency and citizenship status are determined by the postsecondary institution. Questions regarding such status should be directed to the financial aid office or admissions office of the institution the student plans to attend.
- Not owe a repayment or be in default under any state or federal grant, loan, or scholarship program unless satisfactory arrangements to repay have been made.
- Be of Spanish culture, born in or having a natural parent who was born in either Mexico, or a Hispanic country of the Caribbean, Central or South America, regardless of race.
- Have earned, by the end of the seventh semester, a minimum unweighted cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in high school for an undergraduate scholarship, or a 3.0 institutional cumulative GPA for undergraduate college work if applying for a graduate level scholarship.
- Enroll as a degree-seeking student at an eligible postsecondary institution and enroll each academic term for a minimum of 12 credit hours for undergraduate study or 9 credit hours for graduate study.
Additional State Financial Aid
Additional programs for graduate students may also be available. The financial assistance programs available through the State of Florida are subject to change. The most current information regarding State of Florida financial programs may be obtained by reviewing the Florida Department of Education web site, or by contacting the Florida Department of Education at 1-888-827-2004.
Scholarships and Grants offered through Barry University
Barry University offers a variety of grants, scholarships, and tuition discounts to qualified students. All scholarships, discounts and assistantships are awarded by individual schools and departments. Various academic schools at Barry University also provide grants and scholarships to eligible students. Further information can be found in the Graduate Catalog.
College of Arts & Sciences
A discount is available for students in the Doctor of Ministry program under the Professional Recognition Scholarship Program.
School of Education
A tuition discount is available to all educators pursuing an advanced degree in the School of Education under the Professional Recognition Scholarship Program. Proof of eligibility must be submitted at the time of registration. Further information may be obtained from the Adrian Dominican School of Education by calling 305-899-3700 or 1-800-756-6000, ext. 3700.
School of Human Performance and Leisure Sciences
A tuition discount is available to all educators employed by a public or private school system under the Professional Recognition Scholarship Program. This discount is inclusive of all other Barry grants for which one might qualify for and is not applicable if tuition is otherwise covered by an employer or some other organization.
The Blockbuster Sport and Exercise Sciences Scholarship
Available to qualified students who are seeking a degree in the School of Human Performance and Leisure Science. The award is based on the applicant’s academic achievement, community involvement, professional service, and financial need. Further information may be obtained from the School of Human Performance and Leisure Sciences by calling 305-899-3490 or 1-800-756-6000, ext. 3490 for details.
Division of Nursing
A tuition discount is available for full-time RN’s enrolled in the MSN program under the Professional Recognition Scholarship Program. This discount is applicable unless tuition is paid through a grant or subsidy.
A tuition discount is available for doctoral students under the Professional Recognition Scholarship Program. This discount is applicable unless tuition is paid through a grant or subsidy.
Professional Nurse Traineeships for full-time study and Nursing Scholarships in specialized areas are also available to eligible students.
Further information may be obtained from the Division of Nursing by calling 305-899-3800 or 1-800-756-6000, ext. 3800.
School of Podiatric Medicine
Marvin Steinberg Podiatric Alumni Scholarship Fund and the Herbert Feinberg Memorial Scholarship Fund provide annual merit-based scholarships to qualified students.
Podiatric Academic Merit Scholarship
Merit-based scholarship available to highly-qualified incoming students. Scholarships range from $2,000 to half-tuition. Selection of scholarship recipients is at the discretion of the scholarship committee. No formal application is necessary.
Further information on these and other donor scholarships may be obtained by contacting the Office of Podiatric Admissions at 305-899-3123 or 1-800-695-2279, ext. 3123.
School of Social Work
The School of Social Work offers a number of scholarships and financial assistance programs. Interested persons should contact the school directly at 305-899-3900 or 1-800-756-6000, ext. 3900 for more information.
Clergy members of religious communities (sisters, brothers, etc) receive a discount for all graduate programs under the Professional Recognition Scholarship Program.