Admissions Requirements (U.S.): First Time in College
Barry University accepts applications on a rolling basis. However, it is in your best interest to apply as soon as possible. Please note that general admission to Barry University does not guarantee acceptance into all academic majors. Consult the academic requirements for your academic area of interest.
Applicants who have never attended a college or university, and applicants who are coming to Barry with less than 12 hours of transferable college credits are considered first year applicants. This also applies to high school students with advanced placement college credits.
First year applicants are required to complete the following application process:
- Complete an online undergraduate application by creating a myBarry account. Applying online is highly encouraged because it expedites the admission process.
- There is no application fee when you apply online.
- Submit official transcripts from all secondary and post secondary institutions.
- Submit official SAT or ACT scores (applies to students under the age of 21). The Barry University code for SAT I: 5053; ACT: 0718.
- If you have completed a G.E.D., forward the official results of that examination and the official high school transcripts documenting your secondary education.
- For assistance with the application process and a full description of admissions requirements, please consult your program pages, the Barry University catalog, or better yet, speak with your admissions counselor when you visit us on campus.