Admissions Requirements (U.S.): Transfer Student
Barry University accepts applications on a rolling basis. However, it is in your best interest to apply as soon as possible. Please note that general admission to Barry University does not guarantee acceptance into all academic majors. Consult the academic requirements for your academic area of interest.
Applicants who have at least 12 transferable credits from a regionally accredited college or university, you would be considered a transfer applicant (High school students with advanced placement and college credits should apply as first-year applicants.)
Transfer applicants are required to complete the following application process:
- Complete an online undergraduate application by creating a myBarry account. Applying online is highly encouraged because it expedites the admission process. However, you may also download and mail a conventional paper application.
- Submit the non-refundable application fee: $20.00/online application using your myBarry account or $30.00/paper application, made payable by check or money order to Barry University.
- Submit official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions. Incomplete transcripts must be updated with final official transcripts as soon as all coursework is completed.
- If you have completed a G.E.D., forward the official results of that examination and the official high school transcripts documenting your secondary education.
- For assistance with the application process and a full description of admissions requirements, please consult your program pages, the Barry University catalog, or better yet, speak with your admissions counselor when you visit us on campus.
Once admitted, a full evaluation of all final official transcripts will be completed and a copy of the results will be sent to you by mail. It is recommended that you then meet with an academic advisor from the major that you have been admitted to so that you may discuss which credits will be applied towards a Barry University degree.
Top 10 Reasons to Transfer to Barry University
- Your academic advisor will give you guidance throughout your Barry career.
- Required classes are available.
- Your professors know your name, and your academic advisors knows your dreams.
- You'll learn from real professors with degrees; not teaching assistants.
- Make friends from around the world!
- NCAA Division II champions compete on a regular basis.
- There are no parking restrictions for underclassmen, and no parking lottery. You can park your own car on campus for free from your first day.
- Housing is available for transfer students. Experience campus life through our residence halls!
- You'll have ample opportunities for hands-on experience: develop your own photographs and prepare an exhibit; host a radio show; audition for your favorite play; or conduct research experiments.
- Last, but not least: You'll be able to get a suntan in February!
As a marine biology major, Katie Leiter spends a lot of time in the water.
Related LinksBachelor of Science in Marine Biology
Frantz Moise's journey so far included a trip across the ocean, a high school full of classmates who did not speak his language, a community college that gave him the tools and encouragement to keep going, and Barry University, where he indulged his passion for research.
Related LinksBachelor of Science in Psychology