The purpose of the Division of Institutional Advancement is to support the mission of Barry University through all forms of development:
- To enhance quality academics by increasing funds available for programs, scholarships, endowments, capital, and operating expenditures;
- To support the religious dimension by producing publications which communicate the Judeo/Christian and Dominican traditions;
- To add to the caring environment by maximizing alumni involvement in partnership with the University; and
- To provide community service by active participation in community organizations and serving donors needs through assistance in charitable giving.
As a Catholic institution of higher education, Barry University relies heavily on private support. The benevolence of alumni, parents, faculty, students, and friends, as well as corporations and foundations, has helped the University achieve sixty years of excellence, and will help Barry University continue to meet the intellectual, spiritual, and social needs of those who study here. Clearly, the ability of the institution and its leaders to meet new challenges and opportunities will depend greatly on the continuing support of our “Barry family.”
The Division of Institutional Advancement endeavors to accomplish its mission by:
- Coordinating all fund-raising activities of the University in a unified program;
- Maintaining close ties to our Alumni;
- Successfully completing our Capital Campaign;
- Promoting the Annual Fund to increase both participation and dollars raised;
- Expanding our Planned Giving by enrolling parents, friends and alumni in the Barry University Covenant Society;
- Establishing positive philanthropic relationships with members of the Barry family; and
- Coordinating the activities of the Barry Auxiliary.
The generous support of each generation of alumni, parents, and friends enables more members to share in the mission of Barry University.
For more information on Institutional Advancement at Barry University see our Division Directory or contact Carole A. Deutsch, office manager for Institutional Advancement, at 305-899-3070 (toll-free: 1-800-756-6000, ext. 3070) or e-mail email@example.com.