Why Study Exercise Physiology at Barry University?
Barry University's undergraduate Exercise Physiology program is designed to open doors to your professional career. The unique advantages of Barry's program will ensure you are well prepared for the variety of career options awaiting you!
- Hands-on experience in a fully equipped laboratory setting. You will gain experience in our Human Performance Lab, and Motion Analysis Center Lab as well as gaining the solid academic background you need. The program is designed to help you develop the real-world skills that you need to succeed in this field.
- Educational planning based on your career goals. Your academic advisor will help you establish an educational plan based on your specific career path. With direction from your advisor, you will choose the courses, extracurricular activities, and national endorsement exam ACSM exam and NSCA exam that fit the professional requirements for your future career.
- Ideal location offering quality internships in a multicultural environment. Barry's South Florida location gives you access to incomparable internships (update the internships sites – include our in-house opportunities in the HPL, MAC and Athletics) in the field of Exercise Physiology. You might work with a high school or college team; a fitness center affiliated with a local hospital; a sport performance enhancement center; a corporate wellness program; or work with a faculty member performing cutting edge research. You'll work with and assist people from a variety of cultures, offering you a wealth of experience you may not find elsewhere in the U.S. And you'll get this experience in a subtropical climate that you can enjoy year-round.
- Respected faculty who care about your success. Our faculty's first priority is teaching followed by innovative research. Barry's sport and Exercise Physiology faculty members possess strong academic and professional credentials, as well as experience in the field. They are available to answer your questions, to guide your progress toward completion of your Exercise Physiology degree, and to help as you set up a professional network.
- The department is an active member of the American Kinesiology Association and promotes the discipline of kinesiology as a field of study and its applications to research to enhance people’s health.
Sound interesting? We invite you to find out more: schedule a visit or ask us a question online. Or, if you already know this program is the one for you, you can complete your application online now. We look forward to hearing from you!