Why should you consider applying to Barry University?
Barry University is one of the largest Catholic universities in the Southeast and was recognized as one of “America’s Top Colleges” by Forbes Magazine in 2013 for the third consecutive year. What’s more, Barry University was ranked 16th in the nation for Campus Ethnic Diversity by U.S. News and World Report. This means you can expect to receive the best possible education, along with rewards that will follow long after you leave Barry.
A Barry education fosters individual and communal transformation and learning grounded in knowledge and truth, informed action, a commitment to social justice, and collaborative service. As a Barry student, you’ll become part of a nurturing campus community that ensures your time as a student is successful.
Accommodating the Working Professional
- Evening classes (either face-to-face or in a blended format) allow flexibility for students with full-time jobs.
- Start the program whenever it’s convenient for you, either during the fall, spring, or summer semesters.
- You can complete the program in two years.
- Graduate assistantships are also an option.
Experienced and Caring Faculty
- Each faculty incorporates their own unique professional experiences into instruction.
- From your first semester through the completion of your internship, the faculty mentors take a keen interest in your professional development.
- Small class sizes mean individualized attention and no more than 15 students per class.
- Improve your analytical and communication skills which are essential to this field and your career development.
- Analyze and apply methods and strategies aimed at solving problems commonly found in higher education institutions and agencies.
- A practicum provides real field experience allowing you to practice the skills necessary to enter the higher education profession immediately.
If you would like to further your education through the program, Barry offers an Education Specialization in Higher Education Administration.