The curriculum provides students with a well-rounded education and prepares them for the clinical internship. The histotechnology laboratory is equipped with the basic instrumentation students will encounter during the clinical experience phase of their curriculum.
- Embedding stations
- Microtomes, manual and automatic
- Staining station
- Microwave processor
- Microscopes for each student
- Microscopes equipped with digital cameras
- Fluorescent microscope with camera and computer connection
- Digital printer for image documentation
- Equipment to perform immunohistochemistry and in situ procedures
Students are taught proper use of instrumentation and chemicals in keeping with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) guidelines.